What are the requirements for renting a car?
a. The renter must be at least twenty-three (23) years old.
b. Driver’s license must be no less than two (2) years old.
c. First time renters need two (2) forms of identification:
- Any government issued ID
- Birth certificate etc.
d. First time renters need a proof of address:
- Utility Bill
- Posted Mail with name of renter
- Lease agreement
What are your driver license requirements for renting a vehicle?
Renter must present a valid unexpired government-issued driver’s license which includes a photograph. Digital licenses are not accepted. The driver’s license must be valid for entire rental period.
- Photocopies of driver’s licenses are not accepted
- Learners permits are not accepted
- Temporary driver’s licenses may be refused if the renting location is unable to otherwise verify the customer’s identity or verify the authenticity of the temporary license. Additional government issued identification may be required.
What form of payment do you accept?
We accept payments via:
- Debit Cards
- Credit Cards
- Bank Transfer
- Cash App
Is a deposit required when renting a vehicle?
Yes. There is a minimum deposit of $20,000 JMD or $200 USD per rental. For more details contact us via WhatsApp.
How do I secure my booking?
For a vehicle to be reserved, the customer is required to pay total in full the rental fee and deposit.
Can I return my rental vehicle after closing hours?
Yes, we allow returns past closing hour and will have procedures in place for your early or late return.
Please Note: A vehicle that is returned after hours will not be checked in until the next business day. When returning after hours, the renter is responsible for the vehicle until the check-in process is completed the following business day.
Will there be an additional charge if I am late returning the rental vehicle?
Great news! There is a 15 minute grace period for all rentals whether hourly or daily rentals. If the vehicle is returned after the grace period, an additional extension fee is charged for each hour until vehicle is returned.
Please Note: The extension rate is the hourly rate of the vehicle plus 50%. A vehicle that is returned after hours will not be checked in until the next business day. If returning after hours when a branch is closed, the renter is responsible for the vehicle until the satisfactory check in of the rental vehicle the next business day.
Do I need to refuel the vehicle before returning? Can I pre-pay for fuel?
As a renter, you have a choice as to how you would like to pay for fuel:
- Renter must refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level upon picking up the vehicle.
- If a customer chooses not to refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level, they will incur a gas charge which is above the local gas price.
- A full tank of gas is not guaranteed.
What is your pet policy?
Minute Car Rentals is Pet Friendly
Pets are allowed in rental vehicles. The renter however, needs to keep pet(s) crated and return the rental car in a clean condition and free of pet hair to avoid cleaning/detailing fees. Service animals used by customers with disabilities are allowed in the vehicle without a carrier.
Can I extend my rental?
Yes! At this time, the only way to extend your rental is to contact us. When extending the customer will need to make an additional payment in order for the extension to be confirmed.
- Your rates are subject to change based on the length of your rental extension. Usually the longer you keep the vehicle, the better deal you’ll receive because you can then take advantage of our discounted rates.
- Points cannot be used to pay for an extension.
Do you offer a discounts to JDF, JCF and JFB workers?
Minute Car Rentals is proud to support our civil workers. We offer 15% discounts for military, frontline workers, and veterans. You required to present additional information to validate this.
Please Note: This cannot be combined with any other promotional rate.
How do I cancel a booking?
For cancellation renter should contact Minute Car Rentals and request for booking to be cancelled. The renter will incur a 30% cancellation fee if you choose to cancel a prepaid reservation. If you do not cancel the reservation or the rental vehicle is not picked up on the rental date, no portion of the rental fee will be refunded. The fee mentioned does not include the Deposit you paid.
If I return early will I get a refunded the hours/days not used?
At Minute Car Rentals, and you will only be charged for the days you had the vehicle. This does not include promotional bookings
(excluding prepaid reservations).
What are the maximum rental hours?
There is no limit to how long you can rent a vehicle, but our minimum rental hours are four.
How soon after a vehicle has been returned will deposit be released?
After a vehicle is returned it is then checked off by a representative from the maintenance department who will then confirm if deposit should be released.
What fuel does the vehicle use?
All our vehicles use Petrol (90)
What is your scratch policy?
- Minor damage to a rental car, such as scratches, dents, or a chipped windshield are covered by the Damage Waiver. The Damage Waiver is an optional protection product you can purchase with your rental.
- If you choose not to purchase the Damage Waiver and the car gets damaged, you will lose your security deposit and you may have to pay out of pocket for any repairs needed. Your personal auto insurance may or may not cover the cost of repairs, so it is best to contact your insurance provider before renting a car.
Can someone else pay for my booking?
Yes it is possible for someone else to pay for your booking.
- The renter of the vehicle must be present to sign the rental agreement and provide their credit card at the time of pick up. The renter cannot provide a credit or debit card belonging to someone else for their use.
- If you wish to pay for the rental car, but have someone else drive it, you can rent the vehicle in your name and add them as an additional driver. In order to add an additional driver, they would have to meet all of our additional driver requirements.
In case of an accident am I covered by insurance?
What should be done if vehicle breaks down?
If your rental car breaks down due to a mechanical failure and it is not drivable, be sure to get to a safe place out of traffic. Then, call Minute Rentals for assistance “Contact Us”
How do I add an additional driver?
To add an additional driver a fee of $1000 will be charged per day and additional driver’s information should be submitted.
What currency do I use to pay for rental?
Our main currency is JMD, but we also accept USD, CAD and GBD.
What do I do if I am not satisfied with a vehicle I received?
If renter is not satisfied with a vehicle after they have left the based, they should contact our customer service department and the vehicle can then be exchanged
How do I request an invoice?
An invoice is sent to the renter’s email exactly after booking has been created.
How do I change my booking time?
The company can be contacted via email, SMS, WhatsApp, or any other social media platform, to request a time change.
What form of identification do I need to present to rent a vehicle?
To rent a vehicle, one should present a valid driver’s license.
When will a membership program be established?
We currently have a loyalty program